Skagit and Whatcom county resources
Our hearts go out to our Whatcom and Skagit county neighbors who’ve been impacted by recent severe flooding.
As part of our efforts to support recovery in these communities, we’ve compiled this page to share resources for Skagit and Whatcom residents and for community members anywhere who want to support the recovery efforts.
For Skagit and Whatcom County Residents
Local resource and contact directories
- opens in a new windowPublic Resources Available After a Disasteropens PDF file by Skagit Public Health
- opens in a new windowFlood Relief 2021 – with links to request help, report damage, find cleanup events, and more by Whatcom Strong Emergency Response
- opens in a new windowFlood Recovery Resources by Whatcom County Library System
Food and shelter
- opens in a new windowFind Temporary Shelter by American Red Cross – NW Region
- opens in a new windowDisaster Food Stamp Program by WA Department of Social and Health Services
Health and safety guidance
- opens in a new windowReturning Home After a Flood by Skagit County Public Health
- opens in a new windowSwift Creek and Sumas River Flooding & Asbestos Fact Sheet by Whatcom County Health Department
- opens in a new windowPrecautions Before, During, and After a Flood by WA Department of Health
Support for farms
- opens in a new windowFarm flood recovery assistance contacts by Sustainable Connections
- opens in a new windowVendors of Seattle Neighborhood Farmers Markets may be eligible for relief funds by Good Farmer Fund
For People Who’d Like to Help
Contributions can be made to the following organizations if you are interested and able to offer support.
- opens in a new windowDonate to the Lhaq’temish People of the Lummi Nation (the original inhabitants of the northernmost coast of WA and southern British Columbia) by Lhaq’temish Foundation
- opens in a new windowDonate to the Whatcom Resilience Fund (Individual donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $115,000) by Whatcom Community Foundation
- opens in a new windowVolunteer your time and skills to support recovery by Whatcom Strong Emergency Response
- opens in a new windowSearch a list of donation opportunities in Whatcom by Sustainable Connections
Special thanks to all who are supporting recovery in the Skagit and Whatcom areas, including the groups listed above as well as local Community Health Centers: opens in a new windowUnity Care NW, opens in a new windowSea Mar, opens in a new windowCommunity Health Center of Snohomish County, and opens in a new windowPeninsula Community Health Services.