For nearly 30 years, Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has been providing quality health care to Washington families and supporting your choices for health care.
You’re the expert on your health and well-being. Our mission is to support you in making the best health care decisions for you and your family.
Committed to leading the way
We’re Washington’s first not-for-profit managed care plan founded by Community Health Centers in the state.
In 1992, Washington’s community and migrant health centers (CHCs), created Community Health Plan of Washington to provide health insurance to people who were not being served by traditional insurance companies.
- We are governed by community organizations (Community Health Centers) which, in turn, are governed by community members.
- As a not-for-profit company, our work is motivated first by the best interests of our members, providers and communities. We promote managed care as way to control costs. We never sacrifice the quality of care for our members.
- We work hand-in-hand with local community resources and social service organizations to support all aspects of our members’ lives. For us, healthcare includes behavioral, mental and social supports, as well as the medical needs of our members.
- We provide different health plan options to ensure that Washingtonians have access to healthcare.
Committed to Washington’s families
We treat you how we’d want to be treated.
We strive to make CHPW a home for all our members. Home means different things to different people, but it starts with being understood, respected, and cared for.
- Juggling your family’s health care needs can feel like a full-time job. But we’re on your team, helping you access all the services, therapies and solutions you need for your whole health. No matter what language you speak, we offer translation services.
- We provide access to high-quality medical services for everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
- Together, with our family of Community Health Centers, we empower members with services that go beyond traditional health care (like food, housing, and transportation assistance).
Committed to Washington’s communities
We’re here for Washington’s residents, because we are Washington residents.
You’ll see us around Washington at your community events, on the bus, or even at the PTA meeting. Our CHPW staff are your neighbors here in Washington.
- Our employee-led initiatives partner with local charities to organize quarterly drives collecting food, toiletries, clothing, books, holiday gifts, and school supplies.
- CHPW employees frequently get out of the office to use their 40 hours a year of paid volunteer time, serving meals at food banks and cleaning up community spaces.
Committed to Washington’s health
We’re connected throughout Washington.
Our statewide network includes:
- 20 Community Health Centers operating 139 clinics across the state
- More than 2,700 primary care providers
- More than 14,900 medical specialists
- More than 7,500 behavioral health specialists
- Over 100 hospitals
Committed to Washington’s future
We act today to improve Washington’s health for years to come.
Through our policy branch, Community Health Network of Washington (CHNW), we fight in the state and federal legislatures to protect Washington’s health care and expand coverage.
- Because we’re committed to your health, we lead the field in mental health and whole-person care.
- 100% of our profits go right back into our partner Community Health Centers, so they can provide better care for all.
The Power of Community
At Community Health Plan of Washington, we believe in the power of community. When we stand together, we stand stronger, united to welcome, support, and inspire members on their path to their best health.